Zynthian Users Guide
The Zynthian User Interface is displayed on a TFT display and controlled by 4 rotary-encoders with push switches. The encoders/switch knobs are used to navigate between the different screens/menus, select options and change the instrument parameters, acting as MIDI/OSC controllers.
Currently there are two screen layouts:
- Selector Screen: a list of items that you can scroll and select with the SELECT(4) knob
- Controller Screen: In the corners, 4 control widgets (one for each knob), with label and value indicator (graphic and numeric). In the middle, a list of controller maps which you can use to change or rotate using the SELECT(4) knob.
And there are 3 types of clicks (push) that can be performed, depending on how long you hold down the knob:
- short: less than 0.3 seconds
- bold: between 0.3 and 2 seconds
- long: more than 2 seconds
Actions for each knob and click type are context dependent. Generally, the SELECT knob and a short click is used to navigate and select items on a "Selector Screen". On a "Controller Screen", short clicks can be used to rotate between channels (CH) or between controller maps (SELECT). "Bold" clicks are intended as shortcuts for jumping to some specific screens. Clicking the BACK knob generally jumps to the previous screen in the sequence. For a detailed description, see the next flowcharts:
If you want to contribute improving these flowcharts, you can edit it using the Google Documents Tools: