ZynAddSubFX is a fully featured open source software synthesizer capable of making a countless number of instruments, from some common heard from expensive hardware to interesting sounds that you'll boost to an amazing universe of sounds. This cross-platform project is under active development
Overview of Features:
- Polyphonic with support for legato and mono playing modes
- Three synthesizer engines:
- Additive Synthesis for classic synth sounds composed of a variety of voices with powerful modulation. This exposes modulators ranging from LFOs and envelopes to oscillator modulators for FM, PM, and AM.
- Subtractive Synthesis for creating variable bandwidth harmonics from filtered white noise
- PAD synthesis for creating beautiful pads and other instruments
- Powerful waveform generator with up to 128 sine/non-sine harmonics
- A variety of filters including analogue modeled filters, formant filters, and state variable filters.
- Envelopes can have ADSR (or ASR, etc..) modes or can be free modes (with any shape)
- Effects for Reverb, Echo, Chorus/Flange, Phasing, Wave-shaping, Equalizing, Dynamic Filtering with flexible signal routing
- Instruments can be organized in kits, which allows you to make drum kits or layered instruments; this makes possible to use more than one instrument for a single part. It is possible to choose what items from * the kit should be processed by the Part's effects.
- Randomness settings to create subtle differences in each sound to help create that familiar analogue warmth.
- Microtonal capabilities with any scale, up to 128 notes per octave, and key mapping
- Extensive MIDI/Audio driver support including JACK, ALSA, OSS, and PortAudio
- A built-in Virtual Keyboard which can be used even if you don't have a physical midi keyboard
- The graphical user interface can be completely disabled if the user need so
- Session Management Support via LASH/NSM
- Plugin Support via DSSI/LV2/VST
- Over 1100 high quality instruments included